Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sarah Elizabeth Bannon Jones -- Found At Last!!

There are still miracles in the world! At least in the genealogy world. I received an e-mail today from a kind lady in Auglaize Co Ohio named Maria. I had asked for a lookup for Sarah Elizabeth Bannon and her husband Charles Harrison Jones. She sent me a message asking for more info on them as there were tons of Joneses in Auglaize Co Ohio. I replied with what I knew, never expecting to hear anything positive from her. Today she wrote and sent me what she found:

The Auglaize county Obits, Death Mentions and Funeral Cards book (1996 Auglaize county chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society). The obit is in quotes as it appears in the book:
"Jones, Libbie, died June 11, 1914 Lima-78 years, husband Harrison Jones, died 37 years ago, children Charles, north of Wapak, Edward of Buckland, Louis of Ada, Mrs. W.H. Shaffer of Kossuth, Edith of Shinbone, sisters and brothers: Mrs. Jacob Harper of Mercer Co, William Bannon of Celina, buried in Evergreen Cem, Wapak."

Now I have her death date and place, and that she had one sister and one brother. This means Mary Ann Bannon Tanner must not be a member of this family. The obit mentions Nancy and William but no Mary Ann. Mary Ann's obit does not mention a sister Nancy Harper who would have been alive when Mary Ann died in 1927. So a new mystery -- where does Mary Ann Bannon Tanner fit into John Van Buskirk's descendants?

I know I promised we were done with this family, but not so fast! Another case has opened up for me to solve. I am happy that at least I have solved what happened to Sarah Elizabth. Bit by bit it is all coming together.

Oh yes, I also received the Civil War Pension file of Henry M Liggett, grandson of Elizabeth Van Buskirk Bannon Davis. That is a very intersting read and will take me a bit of time to digest. Expect a report on him later.

No comments:

Labels