Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mary A Edinger and John Bland


I was so happy to receive this picture from Jim Bish. It is of John Bland and his wife Mary A Edinger. Mary A is the sister of Catherine Edinger Collins. My theory is that Catherine is the mother of Benjamin F Edinger, my great great grandfather. I am always looking for an answer to the puzzle of Benjamin's parents, and I believe his mother was Catherine. This picture is probably the closest thing I will get to knowing what the Edingers looked like, or at least one of them. I assume the girls at least looked somewhat alike.

I think Mary A is quite pretty and John Bland is handsome. John Bland was born September 1826 in Ireland and died 25 September 1911 in Ralls County Missouri. Mary A Edinger was born 15 October 1833 and died 1900 in Ralls County Missouri. They married 15 November 1854 in Hamilton County Ohio.

Mary A.'s sister Catherine Edinger was born 1826 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County Ohio and died 15 December 1901 in Thayer County Nebraska. Benjamin F Edinger was born February 1846 in Ohio. I believe it was either Hamilton, Clermont or Highland County Ohio. Benjamin Edinger died 1915 in Montogmery County Kansas at the County Poor Farm and is buried there. I pray for the day that I find someone that knows of his parentage. However, with each piece of the puzzle (like this picture) I gather a bit more about him.

No comments:

Labels