Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Don't Believe Everything You Read!! (Catherine Spohn)

After my recent stroll down "the garden path" I have discovered that the death certificate for George Washington Huffman is not correct. Thus, death certificates are sometimes not an accurate source. That's the reason I never quit proving my genealogy -- check, double check and triple check. As it turns out Catherine Spohn is Henry Huffman, Sr's FIRST wife. Yes, he married another Catherine after her death and that is my ancestress, Catherine ___ Meech Huffman, mother of Dennis Meech. Perhaps the time is not right to find Dennis' mother? I know there is information somewhere, it is just a matter of finding it. At any rate, I wanted to set the record straight.

1. Catherine Spohn Huffman had three children, John(1836); Louis(1839); and Lorenzo(1840)
2. Catherine ______ Meech Huffman had seven children, Dennis Meech (1828); William Wallace Meech (1834); Joseph Huffman (1842); Henry Huffman, Jr (1844); Mary Huffman(1846) George W Huffman(1850); Sarah Huffman Reaver(1852)
patj

No comments:

Labels