Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ancestral Gleanings and Stories

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a letter from Port Townsend, Washington. It was from a young lady that had found my book while she was researching at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. She was inquiring as to whether I had another copy for sale. She said it had several of her families in it. Fortunately I did have one last copy. I mailed it to her immediately for cost of copy and postage. The lesson here is that sharing is what genealogy is all about. I feel a strong direction to write about my ancestors, as I find them, and then donate my writing to two libraries. The FHL and Allen County Library in Fort Wayne, Indiana. No matter what happens in the future, these works should be available to those persistent enough to find them. It was a very nice feeling to know I had helped someone else in their journey.

No comments:

Labels