Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Monday, January 7, 2008

Party Potatoes ---- Hmmmmmm

Hopefully I will be getting busy on another genealogy project soon. I was rather bored yesterday and rather than doing something difficult, I made Party Potatoes. When my mom died in March 2003 I inherited her cook book collection. It is fun to go thru the cook books and read her notes about her favorites. Her handwriting brings back such nice memories, and her notes in the cook books are about as personal as notes can be. They are written in real time and reflect her thoughts as she prepared for covered dish suppers or family dinners, etc, etc. Anyway, last Spring I found one of her favorites and decided to try it. It is delicious!! You may want to try it someday. I made a full batch and froze three servings and we will have the fourth serving tonight for supper. Enjoy.

Party Potatoes
1. 2 lbs southern style hash browns fairly well thawed (I use the ones with onions and green peppers)
2. 1 can cream of chicken soup
3. 16 oz sour cream
4. 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
5. 1/4 cup margarine

Mix all ingredients and spread in a 10" x 13" baking pan. Bake about 1 hour at 350 degrees. They are truly delicious. I can taste them now. Also, for you cooks out there, make lots of notes in your cook books as someday someone will cherish reading them. Until later, patj

No comments:

Labels