Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Abraham Sankey To DAR Once Again

On July 26 I received the packet of data from Janet in Sussex Co Delaware. Yes, she found Abraham Sankey listed on the Supply Tax List for New Castle Hundred, New Castle County Delaware. This was found in a book published in 1802 and printed by John and Samuel Adams. It describes the "additional taxes" to be collected to satisfy what Delaware owed to finance the American Revolution. Of course, listed next to Abraham is his brother in law, William Scott. Also listed on the same page is my newest patriot, Mathias Morton.

Now the waiting game begins anew. I sincerely hope DAR finally acknowledges that Abraham Sankey was a patriot. However, I know he was and that is the main thing. He is probably observing this project and shaking his head. I hope that soon I can report that Abraham Sankey has been recognized for his efforts in the American Revolution.

No comments:

Labels