Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Ancestor's Danish Parishes

As you know, I am writing a book about my foremothers. In accomplishing this I am reviewing old material that has been filed away for years. The fun of this project is looking at this material with new eyes. My Danish foremothers are especially interesting. I thought you might like to see their Lutheran Parish Houses. The Michelsens were from Ugilt Parish and the Jensens from Taars Parish. I will also share a Danish map that shows the area of my foremothers. Danish research is a special experience and I enjoyed my "vicarious trip" to that region.







Left to right: Ugilt Parish; Map of northern Denmark called "The Horns"; Taars Parish

No comments:

Labels