Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Alleys - Opera Galleria - Beautiful Day




The middle of January! The day was gorgeous! Much too nice to stay inside, so I was off for my usual walk to the Post Office and who knows where else I might wander. I pretty much go by how I feel, and today I felt great. The Opera Galleria was holding a Winter Farmer’s Market so I decided to walk over there, after stopping at Kinkos to make some copies for DAR. I decided to take the alley route today. I have long been a fan of alleys. This can be attested to by my daughters as I have always loved to drive thru alleys (much to their dismay). I feel it is the real view of any town or neighborhood. Sort of like the back door, or the family entrance to a house or building.

Fort Collins seems to value alleys as well, since they have used the Old Town alleys to create walk ways to unique and tucked away shops. I live just ½ block from Montezuma Fuller Alley. It has its own street sign and is named for an early architect of Fort Collins.

At any rate, back to my travels today. The Opera Galleria was packed with vendors and free samples of everything from wine to coffee to chips and dips, cheese and crackers, etc etc etc. Oh dear, and I am a vegan now, all of the beautiful and tempting foods are off limits to me. All I could do was buy carrots and a cabbage from a local organic farm. It was fun to mingle among the crowd.

I saw a lady that lives at the Plaza and sat down next to her and visited for awhile. She is quite interesting as she is from England and came to America when she married an American GI. We had a few good laughs and compared notes about the collection of people that are our neighbors. We finally parted ways and I walked home.

It was a beautiful walk and I couldn’t help but think about how fortunate I am. I live in a beautiful place, I am able to walk around town, I am able to take care of myself, I have many good friends and I have many things to do. My main job now is to stay healthy, both physically and mentally.

Things to be grateful for? Life, Health, Love, Laughter

Later, patj

No comments:

Labels