Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Friday, December 24, 2010

One Last Word For 2010

   
           I had to have one last word before signing off for 2010.  I received this special card from a friend I have never met.  She and I became acquainted when she was living in Avon, Connecticut and I was asking for help there. She found a lot of material for me and we became friends.  Now she lives in Brooklyn, New York with her husband and cats.  The McQuade Christmas card is a delight to receive as it is aways one of a kind. 

           This year it was special -- especially after yesterday, when I took Kitty Girl to "boarding school".  The place was filled to the brim with cats being cared for over the Christmas week as their human servants went off to enjoy the holiday.  I peeked into the cages as the cat sitter put Kitty Girl in her condo.  There were cats of all sizes, breeds, colors and personalities ---- but one thing in common ---- none wanted to be there!!  All were voicing their protest at the same time and it sounded like a choir of meowing.  It was a very loud chorus, almost ear deafening.  I would love to have been able to sneak back and see what it was like after the humans left.  Did they finally quiet down?  If not, Kitty Girl was not going to have a very restful night. 

            I'll never know, but I am sure I will hear the story in "cattish" when she gets home.  She will have good care, even though she may say otherwise and I figure she is on vacation the other 360 days, so this is her work schedule.  Not a bad job, I would say.

            Happy New Year to everyone, patj

No comments:

Labels