Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 2013 Kentucky Ancestors - Article #3

I was pleasantly surprised to learn my third article was accepted at Kentucky Ancestors in December.  I sent it to editor, Don Rightmyer, just to see what he thought of it and "bingo" it was selected for Volume 48, No. 2 Winter 2013 issue.  It is about Daniel B. and Sarah Johnson/Johnston of Pulaski County, Kentucky.  They are two of my mysterious and almost anonymous ancestors --- but I have learned so much about their children (all nine of them) that grew to adulthood.  In trying to find this couple's parents, and Sarah's maiden name, I traced all of their children in case a descendant of theirs may know something.  None knew anymore than I did but I learned a great deal about all of the children in this family.  My hope is that someone in Kentucky -- or someone who reads this magazine may know something new.  I am keeping my fingers crossed for a stroke of good luck.  This was the last story I wrote for my Kentucky book for 2012.  I'll keep you posted if I have a breakthrough on Daniel B. and Sarah Johnson.  For now I am getting geared up for my next "road trip" in 2013.  I don't expect anything better than my Kentucky trip of 2011, but who knows what may unfold.  As always, stay tuned, Patj

No comments:

Labels