Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 19, 2014

My Four Grandparents - Craig - Van Buskirk - Cary - Windle

Claude Leolis Craig, my father's father.   Born November 2, 1886 in Sheridan Twp. Linn County Kansas.   He and Goldie Van Buskirk married November 11, 1911 in Fort Scott, Bourbon County, Kansas.   Died June 30, 1961 in Pittsburg, Crawford County,Kansas. He was the son and only child of William M. Craig and Faithy Ellen Meech.
Goldie Opal Van Buskirk, my father's mother.   Born June 3, 1896 in Davis County, Iowa.   Died September 30, 1962 in Inglewood, Los Angeles County, California.  She was the fourth child of George Washington Van Buskirk and Mary Ann (Anna) Edinger.
Ralph Orion Cary, Sr., my mother's father.   Born December 8, 1893 in Corning, Nemaha County Kansas.   He and Hazel Belle Windle were married May 9, 1917 in Ottumwa, Wapello County, Iowa.   Died May 10, 1974 in Ottumwa, Wapello County, Iowa.  He was the first son of Francis Marion Cary and Olive May Sanford.
Hazel Belle Windle, my mother's mother.   Born November 29, 1896 in Council Bluffs, Pottawattamie County, Iowa.   Died April 26, 1968 in Ottumwa, Wapello County, Iowa.  She was the first child of John Albert Windle and Lizzie Irene Casey.

Thank you to them all for having children that had me!!  Even though they are all gone now, I remember them each, as well as their distinct personalities.  I love them for who they were, faults and all.   Love, Patj

No comments:

Labels