Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 13, 2015

Veteran's Day November 11, 2015

This year I was honored to be invited to present programs at The Worthington in Fort Collins and The Wexford in Loveland.

The programs were part of the Veteran's Day activities at these two Senior Communities. Both places were abuzz with activities for the residents for this special day. Of course, both places have many veterans living in their facility. My program is titled "America's Last Soldiers and Their Wars". It was well received at both places and I enjoyed sharing it. I especially enjoyed the conversation and sharing at the end of the programs from the attendees. The Worthington is the home of a special lady that is a WWII veteran and we all gave her a big round of applause. She was the only WWII veteran in attendance. Most were Korean War veterans.

The pictures below are the entrances to both facilities. Yes, they look amazingly alike. Both are part of the Columbine Health System. However, once inside the atmosphere and lobbies are distinctly different. Both are very nice and luxurious. But it is a funny thing, when I leave them I breath a big sigh of relief, and happily head for my humble little apartment at OakBrook I. I believe I told you that I have moved to a new apartment this past August.

Yes, life is good and I am so grateful to the people that sacrificed to maintain our freedom and keep our country the best in the World. Patj

The Wexford

The Worthington
















No comments:

Labels