Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Friday, January 29, 2016

Dorothy Cary Craig Evelyn Johnston -- Would Be Age 98 On January 29


Isn't she beautiful?  She is my Mom!  This picture was at a good time her life.  She was in her early fifties at this time. She was becoming quite involved in much of the community and becoming a very professional speaker and leader in many organizations.  I was so proud of her, but in hindsight I know I never expressed it to her.  It was a time when I was young and expected my parents would always be there. There was plenty of time to say those nice things.

It is just human nature to take our parents for granted, but I wish I hadn't.  But I know she knew me well enough to know how I felt without my saying it.  We were never an outwardly demonstrative type of family, but we knew we loved each other anyway.

She was my hero and of all of the wonderful people I have ever known she was the best.  I miss her so much, but as always time marches on indiscriminately.  I try to remember what it was like to know I could pick up the phone and call her anytime.  Of course, I have a great faith that she is nearby now, but I still would love to see her.

I can only say, "Thank you Mom, for giving me and David life."  Her beautiful attributes live on in all of her descendants.  That is the beauty of God's plan. I am the only living person that heard her heart beat from the inside. Without her, I wouldn't be here, and neither would so many other people. Busy as we are -- stop today for a moment and say "Thank you" to her.

So "Happy Birthday Mom. I love you."  Patty Ann

No comments:

Labels