Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I Am Back --- May 24, 2016

Image result for i am back images

I have not written in my blog since the end of January.  It is a lot like going to church -- once you start backsliding, it is easy to slide further and further away.  No big dramatic excuses, just slid away for a month or two. 

There were many classes, speaking engagements, a new job as Vice President of the Larimer County Genealogical Society, finally going to the Denver Temple and various other events that just got in the way. 

One thing I learned through it all though was that I miss writing.  So now, I am back into it again and will be writing on a regular basis.  

I hope to uncover some genealogical gems this summer as my schedule slows down. I am thinking so much lately about Mary Ann Gray Meech.  She is a first cousin to my 2nd great grandmother, Margaret Pryor Meech. Their mothers were sisters.  Mary Ann survived her husband, William Wallace Meech in 1904 and I have not found anything about her after that. There is no tombstone for her in Prescott Cemetery where he is buried.  She is not in the1910 census so I presume she has deceased by then.  But when? and where?  It bothers me that she had no children and that there is no end to her story.  She is my next case as time allows me to work on it.

So stay tuned, as more is bound to happen.  It is so good to be back, Patj


No comments:

Labels