Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Happy Birthday #84 To John "Jack" Johnson


Oh so many years ago. Oh so many things have happened since. But what a beautiful memory that day is. We always said that we were a "gang of two". We were on our way for a few days out on our bikes. It didn't take much to think of somewhere to go.  This short trip was to Ogallala, Nebraska. This picture is at one of our regular stops on Highway 34 east of Greeley.

I often wondered what it would be like when our biking days were over, but it was no problem, we continued many more years as a"gang of two" through those days as well.

I don't mean it was a sweet, smooth journey but it was a loving journey (most of the time).  How I miss seeing you and hearing your stories of people in your life and experiences from your past. Some happy and some not so happy. I know you are somewhere waiting.  I know you are free of the pain of living in this world. I know you are celebrating your birthday today, August 21.

You were a unique and special man, I loved you then, I love you now. I remember the last thing you said to me, "I love you, and I always have. I'll see you in the morning."  I would give anything to have one more big bear hug and smile.

Happy Birthday to you and rest in peace.  RILYA Patj


No comments:

Labels