Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Home Again -- Alone October 2016



Image result for benson sculpture garden loveland
                                                     
 Benson Sculpture Park - Loveland, Colorado

October 2016 was a delightful AND busy month. My youngest daughter, was with me for two week, on her way to a new home in far off Hawaii.  It was a bittersweet visit as I loved having her here, but know I won't see her again for a long time.  She is an incredible young lady for sure, and I love her and am so proud of her.  It is a great skill to be able to land on your own two feet time after time.

The other blessing for me is that the reason she is moving to Hawaii is that I am about to be blessed with a 5th great grandchild in Hawaii.  It is a boy and I am so excited to know when he arrives safe and sound and is strong. He certainly is endowed with strong genes from both sides of the family.  He will be our "Wonder Boy".

But, back to the visit -- we sure did have a good time and did some neat things while she was here. The first Sunday was spent driving up Poudre Canyon. It was a beautiful and colorful Colorado day and the scenery was spectacular. We sat in on a couple of court hearings for a person/case of interest for me.  We attended a political rally at Colorado State University where Bernie Sanders spoke.  We visited Medical Center of the Rockies several times where my oldest daughter had hip surgery.  We went to Chapunga Sculpture Park and Benson Sculpture Park, both in Loveland, Colorado.  We went to a couple of movies and ate out everyday at various restaurants.  In short, the visit was way too short!

Alas, the time came for me to take her to Longmont where she spent the last week of October with her stepmom.  I went back to Longmont on the last day of October to spend time before she left there the next day.

This was the hardest parting.  All of a sudden alone again, and having to face the adjustment of that once again in my life.  I decided to look on the situation with rose tinted lenses rather than black tinted lenses.  The joy I found in that short time was priceless and I don't want to cancel it out with negative thoughts or feeling sorry for myself.

I will always cherish the memories of October 2016.  Nothing can take that away from me.

Until later, patj


No comments:

Labels