Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

33 Years Ago Today -- A Wedding -- A New Life

It was thirty three years ago I married John E Johnson in Loveland, Colorado. The picture shows how we felt that evening so long ago.  It was the third marriage for each of us and we both carried a great deal of baggage as we undertook this new life together. It was a gamble for both of us. 

But at this moment that was all set aside as we vowed our love for each other and determinedly ventured forth on a sometimes rocky path. 

Twelve years later we were still best friends and still in love. This picture was taken the day before we began one of our genealogy trips in 1995.  Cloverleaf Community, where we lived, had set up a photographer to come and take pictures of the residents and John had made arrangements for us to do that.  Quite a handsome couple wouldn't you agree?
How I would love to take off on a trip again, like that one was. We had the best time investigating Kentucky and other places where our ancestors lived. We could ride for hours without talking much, just content to be together. 

We were married 26 years in all. John died two days before our 26th anniversary on September 25, 2009.  And as expected, as we grew older we depended on each other much more, and our love ripened into a wonderful relationship.

All I can say is that I wouldn't have missed this adventure for anything, all of it.  I miss John and wish I could talk to him one more time. But of course, if that could happen I would ask for even more time and that can never be in this world.

Over and out, Patj




No comments:

Labels