Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 28, 2017

10 Weeks Leave of Absence From This Blog! All Is Well!

     Hawaiian Sunset on March 6, 2017

Oh my goodness, I have been so lax in keeping up on this blog.  This sunset is on the day my 5th great grandchild was born in Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii. 

I guess I have been off of writing because I have been sort of down in the dumps, but today I woke up and I was full of energy (its been missing for awhile) and I had all sorts of things to get done. It was a great feeling to be back somewhat to normal.  I am happy that I got my list all completed and I am still feeling good!

In late March I had my first cataract surgery and came through with flying colors.  No complications at all.  Then April 12, the second surgery and now I am done except for the endless eye drops to be put in each day until the bottles are empty. I swear they are like manna from heaven and just keep filling themselves up in the middle of the night.  But is a small price to pay for the excellent vision I have now.  I was sort of tied down by not being able to drive at night in anything close to a safe manner. So now I am free of that restriction.

I was pretty busy helping the new President of the Larimer County Genealogical Society get his feet off the ground.  It was pretty time consuming but is smoothing out now.

I have also decided to retire from public speaking.  The first time I turned down an invitation this year I was tempted to relent, but decided to jump in with both feet and stick to my plan.  Its just too hard for me to drive long distances at night so I have to face the facts.  I am trying to lessen anxiety as much as possible.  However, I sure did enjoy the experience and chance to talk about genealogy to lots of people.

Another new thing is my hobby/relaxation tool of painting in adult coloring books. Its a great relaxer and I have something to show for it afterwards.  I read an article that said we should try to do what we enjoyed doing as a kid, I loved to color.  But I really like using colored markers rather than colored pencils. It is a fun thing and I try to do a picture per day.  I also liked to play jacks as a kid, BUT I couldn't do that now or if I got down on the floor I couldn't get back up, so that may not be the best way to fight anxiety (g)

At any rate I am feeling very good and I have been thinking all day about the LDS Hymn "Come Come You Saints"  The last words are "All Is Well" and that is the way I feel today.  All Is Well,

Stay tuned, I promise I will be back real soon -- not 10 weeks later.  Patj

No comments:

Labels