Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Abraham Sankey Submitted To DAR October 22, 2007

On Monday, October 22, 2007 I mailed my supplemental application to DAR for Abraham Sankey, my 24th patriot ancestor. I have 23 patriot ancestors verified so far by DAR. It is one of my big weaknesses, collecting patriot ancestors. I believe if I satisfy DAR's requirements for documentation I have it as good as it can be. They have a reputation for being very strict about documentation. At the present time DAR is taking about a five month time period to verify supplementals. A far cry from my first supplemental that took over 4 years!! I will be continuing to work on Abraham Sankey in case they ask any hard questions. At this time I am working on documenting my 25th patriot ancestor, Benjamin Clifton, also of Delaware.

No comments:

Labels