Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Benjamin Clifton Submitted To DAR November 14, 2007

I finally completed the last stage of my DAR supplemental for Benjamin Clifton, Delaware. He is number 25 of my proven Patriot Ancestors. Do I have more to find? YES. Will I find them? YES. My Patriot Album has 25 pages in it so Iwill have it filled up when, and if, Abraham Sankey and Benjamin Clifton are verified at Washington, DC. It is a gamble, have I presented a compelling enough case to the DAR and have sufficiently documented the necessary events? It will be about 6 months before I hear anything. The last stage was getting the supplemental signed by an officer of Cache la Poudre Chapter, DAR. That happened yesterday, November 14, 2007. Then it was off to Washingotn, DC! It is sort of a sad feeling when I mail off an ancestor to DAR. I have concentrated on them so hard that the computer room feels empty now. Not that I don't have plenty to work on. Both Abraham Sankey (on my mother's side) and Benjamin Clifton (on my father's side) have provided me with new lines to investigate -- and both are female, which, as you know, are my favorites. Abraham Sankey's wife is Jane Scott and Benjamin Clifton's wife is Margaret Smith. These ladies were unknown to me before I started getting serious about the men for DAR. So it is a never ending quest. One answer leads to many new questions. That is why I am still fascinated by genealogy after 17 years of it. I may take a short break until my new "case" is revealed to me. I never know which path I will take until something leads me on. Stay tuned for further developments.

No comments:

Labels