Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Another Letter From DAR!

I am batting 100 these days. I heard from DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) about my last supplemental sent to them for Benjamin Clifton. I cautiously opened the letter wondering what sort of additional evidence I would be needing. It is a strange game I play. I send a supplemental to them for verification and then almost wait expectantly for their challenge. I am constantly amazed at how thorough the genealogists are at DAR. They spotted something that I had overlooked. This is one of the reasons I like to have my patriots verified by them and my lineage approved.

My long sought after link between William VanBuskirk and his father John VanBuskirk was so exciting I neglected to see that the deed that William signed to sell his share of his father's farm said "VanBuskirk heirs" -- not "John VanBuskirk heirs". So I need to prove the farm signed away by William was the farm of John VanBuskirk and not some other VanBuskirk. This is a perfect example of how excitement can cloud our judgement. I am expecting to receive the deeds that show John VanBuskirk as the grantee of that same land. That should satisfy this question. It seems DAR is satisfied that Benjamin Clifton and Margaret Smith are indeed the parents of Juda Clifton VanBuskirk. So I am happy to have solved another ancestress' parents.

I will keep you up to date on the case of Benjamin Clifton and the DAR

No comments:

Labels