Patricia Craig Johnson --- Searching for My Ancestors --- Sharing My Life Stories

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

My Year Of Learning --- 2015

Image result for teachers
Yes, it is only October and I am starting to wind down this incredible year.  As fast as it is going it will be over in the blink of an eye.  I updated my 2015 speaking schedule this evening to include the last part of 2015 and plug in last minute engagements.  I last did this in the middle of the year and it looked busy enough at that time.  

I have decided that the real reason I receive so many speaking requests is that I almost never say "no".  Hmmmm, there may be a message here.

Actually, I wouldn't have it any other way.  It is a way to learn new ways to speak and teach. Some I tried this year have taught me to not go there again (g).  At my class on October 3, in Loveland, someone asked me if I had been a teacher as a profession.  I said, "No."  I added that I developed this fun filled skill after the age of 75.  Yes, I know, Grandma Moses didn't start painting until age 80, but 75 is nothing to sneeze at in the "elderly world."  It goes with what I tell folks in the genealogy classes "Stay Curious".  I believe it is the secret to enjoying life.

With that little introduction -- here is my 2015 year in a nutshell:
Note that I set aside August and September for the fun task of moving.  That was accomplished, slowly, and I am pretty well settled in my new bachelorette apartment.  My wish for you is to have had a wonderful 2015 as well.  Of course, there will be more posts in this blog before December 31, so stay tuned. Patj




No comments:

Labels